Help Support the Tampa Heights Community Garden!
The Tampa Heights Holiday Market/Party is Sunday, December 10, 2017, 2:00 to 6:00, at the Tampa Heights Community and Youth Development Center, 2005 N. Lamar Ave. Come enjoy the music, vendors and food (dinners are $5 for adults, $8 for non members)….wine, beer, desserts are separate. Miss Joyce will start frying fish at 4:00!
RAFFLE ITEMS will be similar to the 2016 raffle items: .
- Cigar City Gift basket
- Duckweed Urban Market – gift certificates
- Shell’s Garden Supply – gift certificate
- Craft & Curd – bottle of wine
- Gift Card– Restaurant
- Garden Books –
- Garden consultation – Whitwam organics
- Tampa Hydroponic Gardening – gift basket
- Bike – Bike ministry
- One garden plot at the Tampa Heights Community Garden
- Lee’s Grocery – gift certificate
- Brew Bus – gift certificate
- Garden Art objects – Kitty
- variety of gift certificates – Jet City, Sulphur Springs Sandwich Shop, etc.
- Gift basket, Tampa Hydroponic
Purchase Raffle Tickets: 6 for $5 and 1 for $1
The teens learned about hospitality service from Mr. Sedita and Ulele staff. Then they put it all together (the growing, the cooking and the serving) by hosting a holiday family dinner at the Lamar Avenue Bistro.
Our aquaponic garden was installed with use of grant funds from the Aetna Foundation. The goal of this garden is two fold:
- Demonstrate a model of sustainable agriculture, using less than 3% of the water that conventional agriculture uses.
- Grow lettuce and other veggies during the summer when the summer heat will not support growing them in the ground.
Our Mobile Solar Power Plant, aka “Yellow Bird”, provides all the power we need to run the fans and pumps in the greenhouse. In addition there is an electrical outlet on each corner of the “Bird” so that we can “plug in”.
Summer Garden happenings – July, 2017
There are gardens available! This is the perfect time to join the community garden- we plant our fall gardens in September…you will be just in time! To schedule a tour, contact Kitty at email@example.com. Welcome to our new gardeners: We are so pleased you will be part of our gardening community… let’s see some great veggies growing in those gardens!
Earth Day – Tampa Heights Community Garden hosted its 5th annual celebration of Earth Day on Sunday, April 23st 2017.
We had FABULOUS response from the community.
Our two title sponsors were:
The Tampa Garden Club and the
Columbia Restaurant & Ulele Restaurant.
Our Green Sponsors were: Mother’s Organics, Rarity Ventures, Cafe’ Hey. Craft & Curd.
Entertained by our own Brendan McLaughlin and 76 Cut Short: